Easy to make healthy mix veg recipe at home restaurant style
Healthy mix veg recipe: Whenever you are not able to decide what vegetable to cook in food, then the matter reaches Mixed Vegetable. Come, let us make mixed vegetables today.
Indian curry can be prepared with almost any vegetable or grain as its main ingredient. But there are very few curry dishes with a combination of all the vegetables. Mix veg recipe that is prepared by mixing vegetables and paneer in the same curry.
In this recipe of mix veg recipe, I have vegetables like potato, capsicum, cauliflower, cottage cheese, carrots, peas, and beans. But this recipe is completely uncovered and can be easily extended and mixed with other vegetables as well. For example, vegetables such as mushrooms, broccoli, snow peas, tofu, and eggplants can also be added as per personal preference.
I left these vegetables just to keep them simple. Also, this recipe can be prepared in desired consistency i.e. a thick curry or perhaps in a dry version. I personally like semi-thick gravy and that is why I have shared the same in this recipe.
Also, some tips, recommendations when preparing a mixed veg recipe. First of all, in this recipe, I have roasted the vegetables before adding them to the curry. Alternatively, you can pressure cook the vegetables to speed up the whole process.
Secondly, I have added yogurt in onion and tomato gravy for extra sourness. But it is optional and can be skipped if you don’t want to. Depending on the sour level of your tomato, add it accordingly. Finally, you can add a choice of dry fruits such as cashew nuts, walnuts, and even pumpkin seeds to make it a more tasty mix of veg curry.
In the end, I would request you to check out my collection of Mixed Veg recipes or Mix Veg Curry with my other curry recipe recipes. It includes recipes like Veg Kolhapuri, Dum Aloo, Aloo Curry, Pea Mushroom, Baby Corn Masala, Aloo Pea, Vegetable Kurma, Aloo Palak, and Tomato Kurma Recipe. Apart from this, I request you to check my collection of other similar recipes, like,
Mix Veg Recipe
- Preparation Time: 10 MINUTES
- Cooking Time: 40 MINUTES
- Total Time: 50 MINUTES
- For how many people: 4 servings
- Course: Curry
- Cooking: North Indian
- Keyword: mix veg recipe
Ingredients need to make Mix veg recipe
To roast the vegetables:
- 3 tsp oil
- 12 cubes cheese/cottage cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons almonds, blanched
- 1 Potato, chopped
- ½ carrots, sliced
- ½ cup cauliflower/cabbage, flower
- 4 beans, sliced
- 4 cups peas
- ¼ capsicum, chopped
For Tomato Puree:
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1-inch cinnamon
- 5 cloves
- 2 pods cardamom
- 12 almonds, blanched
- 4 tsp oil
- 1 bay leaf/bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 1 green chili
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup yogurt, whisk
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cream / cream
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
Method of making Mix veg recipe
- First, fry 12 cubes of cottage cheese in 3 tbsp of oil, and keep aside.
- Fry 2 tablespoons of blanched almonds in the same oil until they turn golden brown.
- Also, add 1 chopped potato, ½ carrot, and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup cabbage, 4 beans, and ¼ cup peas as well. Fry for another 3 minutes.
- Now add 4 capsicum and continue fry for one more minute.
- Keep all the vegetables separate.
- Now prepare curry by heating 4 tsp oil and add 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp cumin, 2 tsp kasoori methi, and 1 green chili.
- Add 1 onion and 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and fry until lightly golden brown.
- Next add ¼ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp garam masala, and 1 tsp salt.
- Fry for a minute or until the masala is fully cooked.
- Now take 2 chopped tomatoes in a blender and prepare tomato paste.
- Also add 1-inch cinnamon, 5 cloves, 2 pod cardamom, and 12 blanched almonds.
- Blend to a smooth paste without adding any extra water.
- Transfer the prepared tomato puree to the pan and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the oil comes out of the masala paste.
- Reduce the heat and add ½ cup of whipped yogurt. Stir continuously without allowing the curd to solidify.
- Now add the roasted mix vegetables and mix well.
- Add ½ cup or so of water as required and mix to a well-adjusted consistency.
- Cover and continue cooking for another 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Turn off the heat and add 2 tablespoons cream, 1 tsp kasoori methi, and 2 tablespoons coriander. Mix well
- Finally, serve the Mix Vegetable Curry / Mix Veg recipe with hot roti.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..