Delicious Sweet Pongal recipe | Chakkara Pongal easy to make
Sweet Pongal recipe is made in Southern India on many festivals, offered to Lord Krishna and eaten as prasad, sweet Pongal is made in a traditional, heavy bottom pot, but it is also made very easily and very quickly in a cooker. May go.
Chakra Pongal is a sweet dish that is made in many festivals in South India. On the day of Sankranthi, it is special because it is made from fast-sorting rice. Do not forget to add a lot of ghee on the top because there is ghee which gives a special aroma, taste, and appearance to Pongal.
Sweet Pongal is essentially made for the Pongal festival. Freshly harvested rice, if available, is used in a new earthen pot to make sweet Pongal!
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes for 4 quantities
Ingredients need to make Sweet Pongal recipe
- 1/4 cup yellow moong dal
- 1 tbsp chana dal
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3 tbsp chopped cashews
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 cups grated jaggery
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- Little saffron
- 1/4 cup ghee, to serve
Method of making Sweet Pongal recipe
- Heat the pan, add the pulses and fry them on medium heat till the raw aroma comes out. Keep aside.
- Clean and wash the rice, strain and add the dal, milk, 21/2 cups of water, and mix well and pressure cook for 5-7 years or until the rice and lentils become soft.
- Keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow all the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a small pan, add cashews and raisins, and roast on a slow flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Remove the oil on absorbent paper and keep it aside.
- Combine 3/4 cup water and jaggery in a deep pan and boil on a slow flame until the jaggery melts.
- Add cooked rice and lentils and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, saffron, cashew nuts, and mix and mix well and cook for a minute.
- Just before serving, add ghee and serve hot.
Banana Pongal: For sweet changes, before serving, add 2 cups chopped bananas to the Pongal and mix.
Nutritive value per serving of delicious Sweet Pongal recipe
- Energy 272 calories
- Protein 3.8 grams
- Carbohydrate 48.7 grams
- Fiber 1.4 grams
- Fat 6.9 grams
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 2.1 mg
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..