Delicious papaya chutney recipe at home
Papay chutneys are made with a lot of Indian breakfast. In Gujarat, it is known as papaya no sambhar and is usually served with gathiya and breakfast. In West Bengal, it is known as plastic chutney and served with food.
This recipe is for making green chutney of papaya which is served as a spicy salad with breakfast. However, you can make any regional chutney mentioned above by following the tips and methods mentioned below.
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- For how many people: 4
Ingredients need to make Papaya chutney:
- 1 cup peeled, grated raw papaya
- 3-4 green chilies, chopped
- 1/4 tsp rye
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 pinch turmeric powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
Method of making Papaya chutney:
- In a non-steak or thick pan, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds to it; When they start bursting, then add a pinch of asafoetida to it.
- Add green chilies and fry for 1/2 minute.
- Add grated papaya and salt to it. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to it, mix well.
- Cook it for about 4-5 minutes till the papaya is slightly crushed and covered on low heat.
- Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking.
- Add turmeric powder to it and mix well.
- Turn off the gas and remove the sauce made into a serving bowl.
Suggestions and Variations of making Papaya chutney:
- Use Gujarati papaya instead of grated papaya for change in Gujarati papaya sambandho.
- To make Bengali plastic chutney, do not use green chilies and rye, add a teaspoon of kishmish, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice; In the recipe mentioned above (step-3), cook until the sugar dissolves completely.
Methods of serving: Serve raw papaya chutney in a meal along with roti, vegetables, and lentils. You can also serve it with Indian breakfasts like Gathiya and Farsi Puri.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..