Delicious and healthy masala karela recipe with onion
Karela recipe with onion: Onion and karela vegetables. Bitter gourd with onions. Bitter gourd vegetable. Healthy onion bitter gourd vegetable.
Surprisingly delicious, this onion and bitter gourd vegetable taste good not only with the intensity of the onion but also with the taste of the roasted dill and sour mango powder.
All these ingredients complement the bitter gourd well. This makes this vegetable not only enjoyable but also enjoyable.
Try other bitter gourd vegetable recipes like Masala Stuffed Bitter Gourd and Masala karela recipe
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 19 minutes
- Total time: 29 minutes for 4 quantities
Ingredients need to make masala karela recipe with onion
For the onion and bitter gourd vegetable recipe
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 cups thin seedless bitter gourd slices
- Salt, as per taste
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
Method of making masala karela recipe
- To make the onion and bitter gourd vegetables, mix bitter gourd and salt with a little bowl in a deep bowl.
- Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze the bitter gourd and squeeze the water thoroughly and place them on a kitchen towel to dry it completely.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and add the onions to it and fry it on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add bitter gourd to it and mix well and cover it with a pan and cook on low flame for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, sugar, mango powder, sesame seeds, salt, and 1 tbsp of water, mix well, and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Healthy onion bitter gourd vegetable
To make bitter gourd or karela with onions
- First we peeled the bitter gourd a little, removed the skin, and cut them into thin pieces. If using a small tender bitter gourd, you will not be able to extract the seeds.
- Add some salt to a deep bowl with bitter gourd. Salt removes bitterness from bitter gourd.
- Rub the salt thoroughly and mix well. This is done to remove bitterness from bitter gourd. Alternatively, you can submerge slices of bitter gourd in salted water for half an hour.
- Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze out all the bitter gourd water using your hands.
- To dry completely, place the bitter gourd on a kitchen towel or muslin cloth.
- To make onion and bitter gourd vegetables, heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan.
- Add onion and fry for 1 to 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add bitter gourd. Bitter gourd mixed with onion is the most effective way to reduce bitterness with bitter gourd.
- Mix well and cover and cook on low heat.
- After 5 minutes they will look like this.
- After cooking bitter gourd for 10 minutes on low flame, it will look like this.
- Add turmeric powder.
- Add chili powder.
- Add sugar. Jaggery can also be used as an alternative.
- Add mango powder.
- Add sesame seeds. Apart from this, you can also add 1 tsp of fennel seeds to enhance the taste of bitter gourd.
- Add salt and mix well.
- If you want, you can also add 1 tbsp of water.
- Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally, and our bitter gourd onions are ready.
Nutritive value per serving
- Energy 80 calories
- Protein 1.6 grams
- Carbohydrate 10.1 grams
- Fiber 2.8 grams
- Fat 3.7 grams
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..