Delicious and easy to make homemade pizza sauce recipe
This Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe is very simple and uses basic ingredients like fresh tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, and red chili flakes to make the thick and sour sauce which is used as a spread on top of the pizza base.
Prefer fresh and ripe tomatoes to make a tasty and good sauce. You can also use canned tomatoes. The texture of this sauce is soft but if you like a thick sauce, do not use a blender in the last step. Follow this step-by-step photo recipe with detailed methods and methods to make this sauce at home.
- Pre-Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- For how many people: 1 cup of sauce
Ingredients need to make Pizza sauce:
- 6 large tomatoes, cut into square pieces (500 grams, about 2 cups) or 1 can (14.5 oz) sliced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or any oil without oil)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/3 tsp dry oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- 1/3 tsp dry basil (or Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp red chile flakes
- 1/2 tsp sugar, optional
- Salt to taste
Method of making Pizza sauce:
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped garlic to it. Fry it for 30 seconds.
- Add 1/3 teaspoon oregano, 1/3 teaspoon basil (or 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning), and 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes.
- Mix well and fry for 30 seconds.
- Break the tomatoes into squares and add salt.
- Mix well and cook till the tomatoes become soft on medium heat, it will take about 5 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking.
- When tomatoes become soft, add sugar to them.
- Mix well and cook until the mixture becomes thick.
- Bond the gas and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- If you like ginger sauce, keep it like that.
- If you like soft sauces, grind the mixture with a hand blender (or in a jar of the mixer grinder) until it becomes soft.
- Take it out in a bowl. It is good for 3-4 days in the fridge in an air-tight container.
- Use it to make bread pizza or cheese pizza and enjoy eating.
Suggestions and Variations of making Pizza sauce:
- Prefer red ripe tomatoes to bring a nice red color to the sauce.
- You can use canned tomatoes (1 lb) in place of fresh tomatoes.
- If possible, use olive oil for a good taste.
Taste: Sour and Salty
Serving Methods: Pizza sauce is used as a basic sauce for making bread pizza or traditional cheese pizza.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..