Chana dal khichdi recipe dhaba style at home
Chana Dal Khichdi: The best part is that Chana Dal Khichdi can be fed with babies and babies. For all those who are looking for a simple and scrumptious gluten-free and vegan lunch recipe, this chana dal pulao recipe is a bookmark. In the Punjabi family, chana dal khichdi is often served for lunch as well as delicious dishes and spices. After a hearty breakfast, a simple and easy-to-digest dish like chana dal khichdi is a welcome experience.
It’s a straightforward recipe that even novice chefs can do in the blink of an eye. All you need to remember before preparing this recipe is that you need to wet it a few hours before making the kitchen. You have to soak the rice for an hour again. It can also be packed in a lunch box with raita and salad. Ideal for a lazy lunch or a busy midnight week. You can easily make this Indian lunch recipe in less than half an hour and make a bright day shine!
Prepared for a pressure cooker. But if a pressure cooker is not available you can make it in a quick pot too. This lunch recipe will surely be a treat for you and your family for lunch.
- Serve: 4
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients need to make Chana Dal Khichdi:
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup chana dal (split gram of Bengal)
- 2 medium-sized onions chopped
- 2 chopped green peppers
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Method of making Chana Dal Khichdi:
- To make Chana Dal Pulao, first, wash and dip the rice in enough water.
- Similarly wash, rinse and soak a gram of Bengal in water for at least one hour.
- Next hot oil at the pressure of the cook over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and simmer for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped onion, green pepper, and sauté until the onion turns golden brown.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and stir again for a few seconds.
- Now take out the wet Bengal gram dal and put it in a pressure cooker and 1 Cup of water.
- Press cook dal for two whistles over medium heat. Turn off the heat.
- Let the smoke escape naturally from the pressure cooker.
- Open the lid, add the marinated rice and reheat the mixture.
- Now add enough water to the pressure cooker to cook the rice.
- Reduce heat to low and allow the rice to cook over low heat.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pressure cooker with a lid.
- Let pulao stay in this mode for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker and sprinkle the rice with a fork or spoon.
- Serve Chana Dal Khichdi with raita, green chutney, papad, and salad.
Sweet, FOOD, and Frolic are my food magazine, where I write about simple recipes, oral recipes, daily kitchen news, and recollection of food memories from childhood. The recipes on the blog are inspired by the abundance of local produce and sophisticated Indian daily food. Eating regularly does not have to be difficult to taste good, sometimes basic ingredients can create a full bowl of nutritious food.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..