Green Tomato Chutney – Raw Tomato Chutney Recipe
Raw Tomato Chutney: We can serve chutney made by roasting raw green tomatoes with any starter, dumplings, dosa, or uttapam.
- For 5-6 members
- Time 20 minutes
Necessary ingredients need to make Raw Tomato Chutney
- Raw Tomatoes – 4 (200 grams)
- Fresh Coconut – ½ cup grated
- Peanuts – 4 cups (roasted)
- Coriander – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Red Chili – 1
- Green Chili – 1
- Curry leaves – 7-8
- Urad Dal – ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 pinch
- Salt – less than 1 tsp or as per taste
Method of making Raw Tomato Chutney
- Put the tomatoes on the gas, keep the tomatoes on top of the grid and fry them till the upper layer turns black.
- While roasting the tomatoes keep rotating so that the tomatoes are well roasted from the inside to the inside.
- When it is roasted, after it cools, peel it off these tomatoes.
- Put roasted peanuts, grated coconut, green chilies, ginger, green coriander, salt, and 4 cups of water in a mixer and grind them.
- When coarsely ground, add roasted tomatoes and grind them once more.
- Take out the chutney in a bowl.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds and urad dal to the hot oil, fry the mustard seeds and the lentils till they turn slightly brown.
- Add curry leaves and whole red chilies to it, turn off the gas and add red chili powder to the spices, pour this tempering on top of the chutney, and mix.
- Green Tomato Chutney is ready.
- Serve it with idli, dosa, paranthas, and eat.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..