Black gram shami kebab | Kala Chana Shammi Kebab
Kala Chana Shammi Kebab: Shami kebab of black gram made on the lines of a Mughlai dish, to serve as a start, especially at any party.
Necessary ingredients need to make Kala Chana Shammi Kebab
- Soaked gram – ½ cup
- Paneer – ½ cup (125 grams)
- Potato – 1 (125 grams) (boiled and peeled)
- Ghee – 2-3 tablespoons (40 grams)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Coriander – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chili – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – ½ inch piece
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Mango powder – ½ tsp
- Red chili powder – 4 teaspoons
- Salt – 1 tsp or as per taste
Method of making Kala Chana Shammi Kebab
- To make Shami Kebab of black gram, first, fry the chickpeas and soften them. For this, put 1 tablespoon oil in the pan and heat it. Put cumin seeds in hot oil and fry them. After this add coriander powder, finely chopped ginger, and finely chopped green chilies, and fry the spices lightly.
- When the masala is roasted, add gram to it. Add garam masala, mango powder, red chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and fry the chanas for a little while mixing all the ingredients together. When the gram is roasted, add 1/4 cup of water to it and cook it until it becomes slightly soft. Cover the gram and let it cook on medium heat for 2-4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, check the chickpeas, the chickpeas are ready to soften slightly. Turn off the gas and let the chickpeas cool down. Remove the pan from the gas and keep it on a lattice stand.
- Grate the potatoes and paneer.
- After the chanas have cooled down, put them in a mixer jar and grind them. Take out the ground gram in a bowl, add grated cheese and potatoes to it, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and a little bit of green coriander and mix everything well. The mixture for making kebabs is ready.
- To make the kebabs, take out a little mixture, press it round with your hands. Then, flatten it into the middle and edges and give a slight shape of the cutlet by pressing it. Keep all cutlets like this.
- Fry Veg Kebab Shallow
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of ghee in a nonstick pan. Put the kebabs one by one in the hot ghee and fry on low-medium heat. When the kebabs turn golden brown from the bottom, turn them over and roast them till they turn golden brown from the other side. Flip the kebabs very carefully. Once it turns golden brown from both sides, take out the kebabs on a plate.
- Very crispy and tasty chana paneer kebabs are ready. Serve and eat these kebabs with curd, green coriander chutney, tomato sauce, or any of your favorite chutney.
Suggestion for Kala Chana Shammi Kebab
- Be very careful while frying and removing the kebabs as the hot kebabs are very soft so that they can break even if you turn or remove them fast.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..