Moong dal palak kofta curry – curry made on the pan of spinach
This Moong Dal Palak Kofta Curry made using whole spices and very little oil. Very tasty to eat and very beneficial for health. Hot winter moong dal and spinach tikka with or without gravy is very tasty to eat and it takes very little time to make them.
Necessary ingredients need to make Moong Dal Palak Kofta Curry
- Moong Dal – 1/2 cup (100 grams)
- Spinach – 1 cup
- Tomato – 4 (300 grams)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Green coriander – 2-3 tbsp
- Green Chili – 4
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Asafoetida – 1/2 pinch
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Padur – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 pinch
- Oil – 3-4 tablespoons
- Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1.5 tsp
Method of making Moong Dal Palak Kofta Curry
- To make Moong dal palak tikka curry, soak 1/2 cup moong dal and soak it in water for one hour.
- After one hour take out the lentils in water.
- Now put this dal in a mixer jar and add 2 green chilies along with it and grind coarsely.
- Once the lentils are ground, take them out in a vessel.
- Now put 4 tomatoes, 1-inch piece of ginger, and 2 green chilies in the same mixer jar and make a paste.
- Now add 1 cup spinach, 1 pinch baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the ground lentils and mix well.
- The mixture for the koftas is ready.
- Now to fry the koftas, put 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan and heat it on medium flame.
- When the oil is hot, take a little mixture in your hand and give it the shape of koftas and keep it in the pan to roast.
- Give Apply this method to cook the koftas at a distance.
- After placing the koftas in the pan, cover it and let it roast on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes, when one side of the koftas gets roasted, flip the koftas and cover it and let it roast for 2-3 minutes.
- Kofta has to be roasted from both sides till it turns golden brown.
- Once the kofta is roasted from both sides, take it out on a plate.
- Prepare koftas of the remaining mixture in the same manner.
- To make vegetable gravy, heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan. After the oil is hot, add 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1-inch cinnamon slice, 2 cloves, 7 black pepper, and 1 big cardamom and fry the spices on low heat.
- Now add 1/2 pinch asafoetida, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp kasoori methi, tomato-ginger-green chili paste, and 1 tsp red chili powder and fry it while stirring the spices. Take it.
- Roast the spices until the spices leave their oil.
- After the oil comes out from the spices, add 1 tablespoon of dal paste and fry it while stirring.
- After the spice oil separates, add 2 cups of water, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp garam masala, and a little finely chopped green coriander and mix.
- Now cover the pan and let it boil in the gravy.
- Once the gravy comes to a boil, put the cooked koftas in it and cover it and cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Moong dal palak kofta curry is ready.
- You can eat all this rice, roti or naan with anyone you like.
Suggestion for Moong Dal Palak Kofta Curry
- You can make gravy thinner or thicker according to you.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..