Healthy Tomato kadhi – Tomato kadhi recipe at home
Tomato kadhi recipe: A special sour-flavored tomato kadhi prepared by mixing tomato with gram flour can be served with naan, chapatti, or rice. Do not forget to make tomato kadhi whenever you want to eat vegetables and do not feel like running curd kadhi.
- For 3-4 members
- Time – 30 minutes
Necessary ingredients need to make Tomato kadhi recipe
- Tomatoes – 5 (300 grams)
- Green chili – 2
- Gram flour – 4 cups
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Coriander – 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – 10-12
- Asafoetida – 1 -2 pinch
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 4 teaspoons
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 4 teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder – 4 teaspoons
- Ginger – ½ tsp (paste)
- Salt – 1 tsp or as per taste
Method of making Tomato kadhi recipe
- Wash the tomatoes thoroughly, cut the tomatoes and green chilies in big pieces in a mixer jar and prepare a fine paste.
- Heat the pan, add 2 tbsp oil and let the oil heat.
- When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, and asafetida and fry it lightly, add coriander powder, turmeric powder, half a teaspoon ginger paste, and curry leaves and fry now add tomato green chili paste and spices. Mix it
- Take out the gram flour in a bowl and add some water into it and prepare the batter until the kernels are finished.
- Now add 1 cup of water to the solution and mix gram flour in the spices.
- Add one and a half cups of water (altogether two and a half cups of water is used).
- Cook till the kadhi comes to a boil.
- When the kadhi comes to a boil, reduce the gas and add salt and a little bit of red chili powder to the kadhi and mix it and let the kadhi cook for 10-12 minutes on low flame.
- Be sure to run the kadhi in between.
- Kadhi is ready, put some green coriander in the kadhi, and mix it. Turn off the gas and take out the kadhi in a bowl.
- To apply tempering separately in kadhi, heat 1 tsp oil in a small pan, add little cumin seeds in the hot oil, keep the gas low.
- Put 1 green chili cut in two parts lengthwise in this oil and add 3-4 curry leaves and fry it lightly.
- Turn off the gas, now add red chili leftover in it and mix.
- Put this tempering on the curry and mix it lightly and garnish with green coriander.
- Serve hot tomato kadhi with rice, chapatti, or parathas and eat them.
Suggestions for Tomato kadhi recipe
- If you like onion and garlic then after roasting cumin seeds, fry 1 finely chopped onion and 5-6 cloves of garlic paste and fry them finely and add all the other things to make kadhi.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..