Delicious aloo dum biryani revcipe in the cooker
Aloo Dum Biryani is very tasty. Make biryani prepared with basmati rice and potato masala at any special time or when you like and enjoy its taste.
Necessary ingredients need to make Aloo Dum Biryani
- Basmati rice – 1 cup (200 grams) (soaked)
- Potatoes – 12 (300 grams)
- Ghee – 4-5 tbsp
- Coriander – 3-4 tbsp
- Tomato – 2 (100 grams) (finely chopped)
- Mint leaves – 4 cups
- Whipped curd – ½ cup
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Green chili – 2 (finely chopped)
Method of making Aloo Dum Biryani
- Clean 1 cup basmati rice thoroughly and wash and soak it in water for ½ hour.
- Remove the excess water from the rice after ½ hour.
- To boil rice, place a vessel on the gas and put 1-liter water in the vessel to boil.
- When the water boils, add rice to it.
- With this, crush 2 bay leaves, 2 pieces of lentil sugar, 2 small cardamoms, add 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp ghee, and mix it well.
- Cover the rice and let them cook.
- We do not have to cook the rice completely because we will have to cook it later too.
- Therefore, they will be cooked about 10-15 percent less.
- Check the rice, the rice is ready to cook as much as it was ready, turn off the gas.
- Rice is ready in about 5 minutes.
- Sieve the rice in a sieve so that the excess water separates from it, sieve the rice.
Make potato masala for biryani
- Peel the potatoes and wash them and dry them.
- Take the whipped curd, add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala powder and mix all the ingredients well.
- Put saffron threads in milk so that they leave their color.
- Put the wok on the gas and heat it. Heat 3-4 tablespoons of ghee in a pan.
- When ghee is hot, add potatoes to it.
- Fry the potatoes on medium heat till they turn golden brown.
- Stir the potatoes in between and fry till lightly cooked.
- To check whether the potatoes are ready or not, by inserting a knife into the potato, you can see that if the knife is going inside the potato, then the potato is ready. Take out the potatoes on a plate.
- Make spices for Biryani- Add ½ tsp cumin seeds, 1 big cardamom seeds, 4 cloves, and 6-7 black pepper in hot ghee and fry it lightly.
- Now add 2 green chilies cut into big pieces and add half an inch piece of ginger sliced into thin pieces and fry it lightly.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes and cook on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
- After frying the tomatoes, turn off the gas and let the spices cool down a bit.
- After the masala cools down, add yogurt and mix it. Turn on the flame and cook while stirring until the spices come to a boil.
- After the spices boil, fry the spices while stirring until the ghee starts separating from the spices.
- Ghee is starting to separate from the spices. Now add potatoes, 4 teaspoons salt, a little green coriander, and a few mint leaves, and add them to the spices.
- Fry the masala for 1-2 minutes while stirring.
- Now add ½ cup of water to it and let it cook till it boils.
- After the potatoes come to a boil, turn off the gas and remove the wok from the gas and keep it on a cake stand.
- Rice and potato masala are ready.
- Now put the cooker on the gas and add half the potato masala to the biryani.
- Spread half a layer of rice on top of the potato masala.
- Spread the remaining potato masala over the rice.
- Now put the remaining rice over this potato masala and spread it around. Put saffron milk over this rice.
- Add a little green coriander and some mint leaves as well.
- Now close the lid of the cooker and keep the biryani on low flame for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the gas after 15 minutes and after 10 minutes, open the lid of the cooker and check the biryani.
- After 10 minutes, open the lid of the cooker. Dum biryani is ready, take it out in a bowl.
- Serve this delicious Biryani with curd, raita, or curd chutney and eat it.
Suggestions for Aloo Dum Biryani
- We have taken small potatoes for Biryani. Large potatoes can also be cut into 2-4 pieces.
- Any cooking oil can be taken instead of ghee to make biryani.
- After the masala cools down, add yogurt and mix it. If the curd is added to the hot spices, then the curd may burst.
- You can also make biryani without saffron.
- Biryani has to give very low heat. If the heat remains too fast then the biryani can burn from below.
- If you like onions, then take thinly sliced onions browned in ghee and take them out at the time of pouring.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..