Sour Sweet Stuffed Bitter Gourd. Khatta Meetha Karela
Sour Sweet Stuffed Bitter Gourd: All of you will be aware of the taste of spicy stuffed bitter gourds, but today we have brought a different type of sour and sweet bitter gourd, which children will also eat with passion.
Necessary ingredients need to make Sour Sweet Stuffed Bitter Gourd
- Bitter gourd – 8 (400 grams)
- Salt – 1 tsp
Masala for filling in bitter gourd
- Mustard Oil – 4 tbsp.
- Fennel powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Mango powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – a little more than 1 tsp or as per taste
- Powdered sugar – 2.5 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Asafetida – 1 pinch
Method of making Sour Sweet Stuffed Bitter Gourd
- Wash the bitter gourd well. Scrape and peel with the help of a knife.
- Put a little salt in the shavings and put some salt in the bitter gourd and keep it for half an hour.
- Wash the bitter gourd and shavings thoroughly 2 times with clean water.
- Wash the shavings and strain them with a sieve and drain all the water from it.
- Put 2 tsp oil in a pan and heat it. Put cumin seeds, asafetida, turmeric powder and shavings in hot oil and fry it while stirring continuously for 2 minutes.
- Then add coriander powder, fennel powder, mango powder, red chili powder and mix and turn off the gas and after that add salt and powdered sugar.
- Mix the spices well with a spoon. Take out the spices in a plate and let it cool a bit.
- Roasted masala is ready to be filled in the bitter gourd.
- Cut the bitter gourds from the side in such a way that they remain connected to the other side.
- Then press the spices in each bitter gourd and fill them.
- Put oil in a pan and heat it. Apply spices filled with bitter gourd oil and cover it with a lid and let it cook on low and medium flame for 3-4 minutes and then check.
- Open the lid, flip the bitter gourd and cover the bitter gourds again and cook again for 3 minutes.
- Check once again and turn the bitter gourds to the other side.
- Turn the curry over until the bitter gourds turn brown, the stuffed bitter gourds are ready. Turn off the gas.
- Take out the bitter gourd in a plate and decorate it with green coriander.
- Serve and eat sour sweet stuffed bitter gourd with chapatti, paratha or puri.
- Karela can be kept in the refrigerator and eaten for 6-7 days.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..