Szechuan Sauce Recipe makes at home
Szechuan Sauce is a spicy sauce made of dried red chili, garlic, and roasted onions often served with Indian-Chinese breakfasts such as vegetable momos, spring rolls, French fries. It is also used as an important material in making Szechuan Chicken and Szechuan Fried Noodles.
This Szechuan Sauce recipe uses dry Kashmiri red chili to reduce the sharpness, as its pungency is less than that of other red chilies. Despite this, one can use a mixture of dry hot red chili and Kashmiri red chili to make this sauce as per the spicy taste you like.
- Pre-Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- For how many people: 3/4 cup
Materials need to make Szechuan Sauce
- 15-18 Dry Kashmiri Red Chillies
- 3-4 tablespoons sesame oil or any edible oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion or 3-4 small onions
- 10-12 small garlic cloves, chopped (about 2½ tablespoons)
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped ginger (about 1-inch)
- 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce or 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (vinegar) or lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1½ Tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt to taste
Method os making Szechuan Sauce
- In this recipe, only dry Kashmiri red chilies have been used to reduce the sharpness of Szechwan sauce. You can use 3-4 any dry red chilies (medium spicy) and 10-12 dry Kashmiri red chilies (less spicy) to make it spicier.
- Remove the dry red chilies. Cut them into two pieces and remove the seeds from it. Throw away the seeds.
- Soak chili pieces in a bowl in lukewarm water for 30 minutes.
- Remove excess water from the soaked chili. Pour them into a small jar of mixie. Add 2 tablespoons water to it.
- Grind them until they are a soft paste.
- Heat 3-4 tablespoons oil in a pan/pan on medium heat. Add finely chopped onion and fry it till it becomes light pink.
- Add the finely chopped ginger and garlic to it, and fry it until the raw smell of garlic comes, fry for about 1 minute.
- Add red chili paste to it. Mix it well and fry for 1 minute.
- Add 1½ tablespoons tomato sauce to it.
- Add 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce or 1/2 tsp light soy sauce.
- Add 1 tablespoon vinegar (vinegar) to it.
- Add 1/4 tsp black pepper powder, sugar, and salt.
- Mix them well and cook for 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup of water and mix well.
- Cook it for about 2-3 minutes until the oil starts separating. Stir the gas and allow it to cool to room temperature. After cooling, fill it in a small box and keep it inside the fridge and use it anytime. It is good for 2-3 weeks in the fridge. Szechwan sauce is ready to be served with fried rice or momos. It can also be used to make Szechwan noodles and fried rice.
Suggestions and Variations:
- Add more oil to the sauce to keep it longer. There should be oil on the Szewan sauce in the box.
- If vinegar (vinegar) is not available, you can use lemon juice instead of vinegar.
- The seeds have been extracted from the chili to make the sauce less spicy. If you want to make the sauce too spicy, do not remove the seeds from the chili.
- Add a little more vinegar and sugar to it to make it tart, sour and sweet.
- Traditional Szechuan sauce also contains Szechuan peppers. If you want to make traditional Szechwan sauce, then add Sichuan chili to step-8.
Taste: Tart and mildly sour-sweet
Serving methods: Szechwan sauce can be served with an Indian-Chinese breakfast such as Chicken Nuggets, Crab fried rice, momos, and Mutton Shami kabab, or with other snacks such as Chicken pakora, french fries, tikkis, cutlets. It is also used to make Szechuan Fried Rice and Szechuan Noodles.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..