Gobi paratha or cauliflower paratha: Cauliflower Paratha is a North Indian dish usually made for breakfast in the morning. The method of making this paratha is also similar to making all the stuffed parathas, only the stuffing method is different.
In this paratha, stuffing (stuffing) made of cabbage is done. Boiled potatoes, onions, coriander, and other spices have also been added to it. Learn to make Gobi paratha at home by following this recipe.
Gobi paratha or Cauliflower Paratha Recipe
- Pre-Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- For how many people: 3
Materials need to make Gobi paratha or Cauliflower Paratha
- 1½ cups + 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 2 cups grated cauliflower
- 1 small potato, boiled, peeled and grated, optional
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- One medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 Green Chili, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice or mango powder
- 1/3 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter (butter)
- 5 tsp oil + shallow frying
Method of making Gobi paratha or Cauliflower Paratha
- Add 1½ cups flour, 2-tsp oil, and salt in a bowl and mix well. Add a little water and knead the soft dough (like chapatti or roti flour) as required. Pour 1 tsp of oil over the dough and smooth it by applying oil. Cover the dough and let it set for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare cabbage spices for the stuffing. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan or pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds; When the cumin seeds turn golden, add finely chopped onions and fry them till they turn light brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and green chilies and fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add grated cauliflower and salt. Mix well.
- Fry until the mixture becomes slightly dry, it will take about 3-4 minutes. Stirring occasionally with a spoon to prevent sticking.
- Add garam masala powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice (or mango powder), and green coriander. Mix well and let it cook for 1 minute. Add boiled potatoes.
- Mix well and turn off the gas. The cabbage spice is ready for the stuffing; Let it cool for 5-7 minutes. Divide the spices into 6 equal portions.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Give each part a round shape and press it between your palms to make a dough.
- Take ½ cup dry flour on a plate. Wrap dough with dry flour and place it on top of the chakla. Roll it into a small round poori (4-5 inch diameter). Place a portion of the stuffing in the middle of it.
- Raise the sides of the rolled puri all the way upwards and wrap the stuffing (spices) with flour. Seal the edges and give it a round shape again.
- Place it over the chakla and press it gently so that it becomes like a dough.
- Wrap it with dry flour and roll it into a round shape (like roti or chapati), about 6-7 inches in diameter and about 1/2 cm thick.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Place a raw paratha on the pan. Turn it over and then apply 1/2 tsp of oil evenly on both sides and cook each side for about 30-40 seconds. Flip the paratha as per need and cook till golden brown spots (small spots) appear.
- Take out the cabbage paratha on a plate and apply butter on it. Likewise, make parathas from the remaining dough balls. Serve them hot with potato curry and your favorite sour and spicy pickles.
Suggestions and Variations:
Make a soft dough to make stuffed paratha easily. You can also use milk instead of water to knead the dough to make the parathas soft.
You can also make masala without potatoes.
Taste: Soft, light pungent, and salty
Methods of serving: Serve cabbage paratha with pickle and tea in the morning breakfast or in the evening with mint raita and curd. You can also serve it for lunch with pea cheese and namkeen lassi and pack it in the child’s lunchbox with pickle.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..