Potato curry recipe | Delicious Aloo Curry Recipe make at home
Potato curry or aloo curry: It is a famous dish in North India prepared with potatoes, curry leaves, and red chilies. You can enjoy this spicy potato vegetable with plain rice, Onion paratha, roti, and even masala dosa or Onion dosa. It is very easy to make. This simple vegetable potato has lots of flavors and is also very tasty.
You can easily make it at home on the occasion of lunch or dinner. If you like spicy food then you can add lots of green chilies to this vegetable as per your taste.
Potato is an extremely convenient vegetable. 2-3 kg Potatoes can be brought together, it does not spoil quickly, make it whenever you want.
The taste of potato is amazing, it is liked by all, small children or older, potato vegetables are made in many ways, one of them is this way, the vegetable made in this way becomes very tasty, Come, make potato tomato vegetable in this evening’s dinner.
Necessary ingredients need to make Potato curry or aloo curry
- Potatoes – 300 grams (4- 5 medium-sized potatoes)
- Gram flour – 1 tbsp
- Tomato – 200 grams (3-4)
- Green chili – 3
- Ginger – 1-inch long piece
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds – half a teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste (1 tsp)
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Method of making Potato curry or aloo curry
- Peel and wash the potatoes, cut one potato into four pieces.
- Put the gram flour in half a tablespoon oil in a small pan and fry it till it becomes light brown.
- Grind tomatoes, green chilies, and ginger in a grinder.
- Put oil in the cooker and heat it. Fry asafetida and cumin seeds in hot oil. After roasting cumin seeds, add turmeric powder and coriander powder. Stir the spices with a spoon, and add tomato paste and fry the spices till the oil starts separating from the spices.
- Add chopped potatoes, roasted gram flour, and red chili powder to this spice and fry it for 2 minutes. Now put a glass (300 grams) of water and salt in the vegetable. Stir with a spoon and close the cooker. After one whistle in the cooker, reduce the flame, and let the vegetable cook for 2 minutes. Turn the gas off.
- After the pressure of the cooker is over, open the lid, and add garam masala to the vegetable and mix. Take your potato curry is ready.
- Take out the potato curry vegetable in a bowl. Garnish with green coriander. (To decorate the vegetable, you put half a tablespoon of oil, heat it, add a little cumin, 2 pinches of red chili, put this tempering on the vegetable. The vegetable looks very beautiful ). Serve and eat hot potato curry with parantha, chapatti, naan, or rice.
Note to make Potato curry or aloo curry
- To eat onion vegetable, after adding cumin seeds, cut one onion and put it in oil, fry till it becomes light brown after that make the vegetable using the above method.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..