Dal fry a delicious Veg Recipe make at home
Dal fry a delicious Veg Recipe: Dal fry is very popular in Punjab, which is made by mixing a variety of lentils such as toor dal, chana dal, moong dal, and masoor dal.
If you want, you can make it with only gram and toor dal. In this recipe, all the lentils are boiled together in a pressure cooker and cooked with Indian spices roasted in ghee. The aroma is even better due to the spices roasted in ghee. Dal fry is served with cumin rice and papad for lunch or dinner.
Dal Fry Recipe
- Pre-Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- For how many people: 2
- Taste: Spicy
Materials need to make Dal Fry
- 4 tablespoons toor dal (tuvar dal / arhar dal)
- 3 Tablespoon Chana Dal
- 3 tablespoons moong dal
- 3 tablespoons Masoor Dal
- 11/2 cups + 3/4 cup water
- 1 medium-size tomato, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, PC
- 1/2 inch Ginger, ground
- 2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon, cut into 2 pieces
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt, as per taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
Method of making Dal Fry
- Mix all the lentils and wash them thoroughly in water and soak them in water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the excess water and put the dal mixture in a pressure cooker (3-5 liters).
- Tie the lid of the cooker by adding salt and 11/2 cups of water and keep it on a high flame to cook. After the first whistle blows, turn the heat to medium and cook till 3 whistles are sounded.
- Do not open the pressure cooker lid immediately. Let it cool down for 7-8 minutes or else let the pressure of the pressure cooker drain automatically. This process is also necessary for safety and it also cooks lentils well. Now open the lid of the cooker and keep it aside. There is no need to mash or grind the lentils. If necessary, use this lentil.
- Now prepare the tempering. Heat ghee in a pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds, dry red chilies, cinnamon, and cloves. When it starts to crackle, add onions and roast them while stirring with a spatula, it will take about 1 minute.
- Add powdered ginger, garlic, and finely chopped green chilies and fry for 20-30 seconds.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and salt and cook until the tomatoes turn soft.
- Add garam masala, coriander powder, red chili powder, and turmeric powder and mix well. Add boiled lentils and cook for a minute.
- Add lemon juice and 3/4 cup water and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the gas and take out the lentils in a serving bowl and garnish with finely chopped green coriander and serve.
Suggestions and Variations of making Dal Fry
- To make Dhaba style dal fry, use 1/4 cup chana dal and 1/4 cup Toor dal instead of using all kinds of lentils. There will be no change in the way of making.
- If you do not like granular lentils, then grind them with the help of a blender or mash them with the help of a spoon.
- Ghee has been used in this recipe for tempering. If you wish, you can also use oil or butter instead of ghee.
Methods of serving: Dal fry and tandoori roti are the staple food of Punjab and Haryana. There will be no dhaba where dal fry is not available. It looks delicious with cumin rice, lassi, and cucumber salad. Nowadays people also like to eat it with butter naan and paneer kulcha.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..