How to make Szechwan Noodles
- Pre-Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- For how many people: 2
Ingredients for Schezwan Noodles
- 150g plain noodles
- 5-6 cups of water
- 1 tsp oil
To make Schezwan Masala for Noodles:
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped (about 3/4 tablespoons)
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, finely chopped (about 1 tsp)
- 1 small onion or 2-3 green onions, finely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped address cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped capsicum
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped french beans (green beans)
- 2 tablespoons Szechwan sauce (or as per taste) up to 3 tablespoons
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
Method of making Schezwan Noodles:
- Cut all the vegetables according to the list of ingredients. All other ingredients should also be prepared.
- Boil the noodles first. Boil the noodles by following the information on the packet or follow the recipe below (click here to see the detailed procedure with photos). (Put 5-6 cups of water in a large pot and keep it to boil on medium heat. When the water starts boiling, add raw noodles, 1/4 tsp oil (2-3 drops), and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook the noodles for 4-5 minutes or let it cook until 90% is cooked. Pour it into a sieve and remove the excess water. Remove the excess stickiness from it to avoid overcooking. Add 3 cups of cold water or keep it under tap water for a while. Add 3/4 tsp of oil and mix well on each noodle until uniform oil is applied. This process will help prevent the noodles from sticking.)
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan or wok on medium heat. Add finely chopped garlic, ginger, and white chunks of green onion.
- Fry it for 1 minute. (If you are using a normal onion, fry it until it becomes translucent.)
- Add finely chopped carrots and French beans and fry for 1 minute.
- Add finely chopped cabbage and capsicum to it. Cook them for 3-4 minutes on the high flame while stirring them with a spoon or fry the vegetables till they are cooked but slightly crisp (not softened).
- Add Szechwan sauce, black pepper powder, and salt to it. (Szechwan sauce already contains salt, so add a pinch of salt to the vegetables). You can increase the amount of Szechwan sauce according to your ability to eat spicily. Start by adding 1 tablespoon sauce at a time and then add more sauce as needed to get your desired pungency.
- Mix well.
- Add boiled noodles and vinegar (vinegar) to it.
- Mix it well. Stir until the noodles are evenly mixed with the sauce. If you are a specialist in cooking, toss (bounce) them to mix the noodles or shake them and mix well. Taste the noodles and add more sauce and spices if needed.
- Tie the gas. Schezwan noodles are ready to be served.
- According to the taste you like, increase or decrease the amount of Szechwan sauce.
- In this recipe, you can use readymade Szechwan sauce bought from the market.
- If you are using a sauce brought from the market, start by adding 1 tablespoon of sauce to prevent the noodles from becoming too spicy.
- Taste the noodles and add more sauce as needed to make the tart as per your liking.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..