Easy Paneer butter masala recipe at home restaurant style
Ingredients to make Easy Paneer butter masala recipe at home:
- 250 grams Paneer (or Tofu), sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp finely chopped ginger
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 6-8 cashews, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 1 small piece bay leaves
- 2 green chilies, cut into lengths
- 1/2 cup milk (full fat)
- 2 tsp kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- Red chili powder (as per taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream (or homemade cream)
- 2 tablespoons butter (butter)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
Method of making Easy Paneer butter masala recipe at home
- If you are using frozen cheese, defrost them.
- Grind onion, ginger, and garlic in a grinder to make an onion paste. To make cashew paste, grind it in a mixie with two tablespoons of water. Blanch the tomatoes and prepare the tomato puree.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan on medium heat. Add bay leaf and onion paste and fry it till it becomes light brown in color, it will take 4-5 minutes.
- Add chopped green chilies and red chili powder and roast for 30-40 seconds. Add cashew paste.
- Stirring continuously while roasting with a spoon for two minutes.
- Add tomato puree and fry until the oil starts separating, it will take about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup water, and salt. Mix well with a spoon and cook until the oil comes to the surface, it will take about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the paneer pieces and kasuri methi (mashed by hand) and cook for about two minutes or so until the gravy is thick.
- Add fresh cream.
- Mix properly and turn off the gas.
- Remove the prepared Punjabi Paneer Butter Masala vegetable in a serving bowl and decorate it with cream or butter.
- Suggestions and Variations:
- If the gravy is thick, add 1/2 cup of water to the step-8 and boil it on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- You can use chopped onion instead of using powdered onion for a change.
- To increase the taste, one can add cottage cheese or steamed cheese in less oil. To make a low-oil vegetable, put the fried cheese on a paper napkin to absorb the excess oil.
- If you like creamy gravy, then add more cream in step-10. Alternatively, do not use cream if you do not like the creamy taste.
- Paneer is added to this traditional Indian vegetable, but if paneer is not available, you can use tofu.
- Serve delicious Paneer Butter Masala at lunch or dinner with naan, paratha, roti or cumin rice. It is a perfect dish for spicy and creamy cheese vegetable parties. It especially enhances the taste when served with tandoori roti and lassi.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..