Easy Homemade Black Bean Burger Recipe
Easy Homemade Black Bean Burger Recipe is a delicious burger with a black bean patty, a medley of vegetables, some soft melted cheese, and some mustard sauce. Great to be served at your high tea parties or carry them to your picnics with the kids.
Black Bean is more commonly used in Latin American cuisine, but you can also use a dark red kidney bean for these burger recipes.
- Prep in:- 30 Min
- Cooks in:- 45 Min
- Total in:- 75 Min
- Makes:- 4 Servings
Ingredients to make Easy Homemade Black Bean Burger
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, grated
- 1 inch Ginger, grated
- Mint Leaves (Pudina), a small bunch finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Oats Flour
How to make Homemade Black Bean Burger
- To begin making Homemade Black Bean Burger Recipe, soak the beans for at least 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, transfer the beans along with the water into a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 6-8 whistles.
- Turn off the flame.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Open the cooker then drain the excess water, and keep the beans aside. Click here to see the video of how to cook beans and legumes in the pressure cooker.
- The next step is to combine all the ingredients for the burger pattie in a large mixing bowl.
- Into a food processor, add the onion, ginger, garlic, cooked black beans, breadcrumbs, oat flour, mint leaves, paprika, oregano, required salt, pepper, and process until everything is combined well enough until the party mixture comes together.
- Transfer the mixer to a large mixing bowl then check the salt and spices. Adjust to suit your taste. Shape the black bean burger pattie into 4 medium size patties and refrigerate for 30 minutes. The size of the pattie will depend on the size of your burger bun.
- The next step is to cook the patties on a skillet. Preheat and grease the skillet with oil.
- Place the burger patties on the preheated skillet and cook until browned on both sides. You can optionally drizzle a bit of oil and continue to cook. Once burger patties are browned evenly turn off the heat. Place the cheese slices over the patties. The heat from the burger melts the cheese.
- Place the cheese slices over the patties. The heat from the burger melts the cheese.
- Take the whole wheat sandwich buns, cut them half horizontally, add mustard sauce on both sides of the bun. Place the cooked black bean patties and top with lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and onions. Serve hot.
Wrap the Homemade Black Bean Burger into parchment paper and take them for summer picnics or have a fun summer afternoon lunch with a smoothie.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..