Easy and Healthy Dal makhani recipe at home Restuarant Style
Easy and Healthy Dal makhani recipe at home. Everyone likes Punjab Dal Dal Makhani very much. Along with being tasty to eat, it contains plenty of protein and fiber. Come, let us also make dal makhani for our lunches.
- For four to five people.
- Time – 30 minutes
Ingredients for making Dal Makhani
- Black Whole Urad – 100 grams (1/2 cup)
- Whole black gram or kidney beans – 50 grams (1/4 cup)
- Food soda – 1/4 fourth teaspoon
- Tomato – 4 (medium size)
- Green chili – 2-3
- Ginger – 2-inch piece
- Cream or Butter – 2-3 tbsp
- Desi Ghee – 1 or 2 tbsp (as per your wish)
- Asafoetida – 1-2 pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek – 1/4 tsp (if you want)
- Turmeric powder – one fourth teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala – less than a quarter teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste (one small spoon)
- Coriander leaves – half small bowl (finely chopped)
Method – How to make Dal Makhani
- Wash and soak urad and gram or kidney beans for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the water from the pulses, wash, put lentils in the cooker, add food soda and salt and keep it boiling with 2 1/2 cups (three times the number of lentils). After the cooker whistles, reduce the flame, and let the pulses cook on a slow fire for 5-6 minutes, turn off the fire.
- Peel tomatoes, green chilies, and half ginger wash and grind them finely with a grinder. Cut half the ginger or small pieces.
- Put ghee in the pan and heat it, add asafetida and cumin, fenugreek. After roasting cumin, fenugreek, add ginger, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and red chili powder and stir with a spoon. Add tomato, green chili paste and cream to this spice. Stir fry while stirring with a spoon until oil starts floating on the spices.
- Add the dal to this roasted spice when the cooker opens. If you want to keep the lentils thick or thin, then add water as required. After boiling, cook for 3-4 minutes, turn off the flame and add garam masala and half green coriander and mix. Dal Makhani is ready.
- Take out the Dal Makhani in a bowl, garnish with green coriander and butter. Serve hot daal makhani with naan, paratha, chapati, and rice and eat.
If you like onions and garlic, after roasting the cumin seeds, take a small cut of onion and 5-6 cloves of garlic or make a paste, after frying the cumin seeds in the ghee, add onion and garlic until it becomes light pink Fry and then make dal makhani after adding all the spices as mentioned above.
Instead of ground hot spices, the whole garam masala (8 black peppers, 3 long, 2 large cardamom peels, and 1-inch cinnamon slice) will be cured and roasted while frying the masala, the taste of whole spices is very good in dal makhani.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..