Punjabi kadhi pakoda recipe at home
Punjabi Kadhi Pakora is a very tasty and delicious Indian dish in which Garhi Kadhi is made out of sour curd and gram flour and delicious pakoras of gram flour and spices are prepared.
Compared to other kadhi, the flavor of the kadhi made with this recipe is unique as it consists of lightly spiced pakoras fried in a thickened kadhi which gives a truly Punjabi flavor. Serve with rice (boiled rice) or paratha to enjoy its unique taste.
How to make pakoda kadhi
- Pre-Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- For how many people: 4
Ingredients for Punjabi kadhi pakoda:
- 1/2 cup gram flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (or 1 medium)
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- A little pinch of baking soda
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon water
- salt to taste
- Oil for frying
To make Kadhi batter
- 1 cup sour yogurt
- 1/4 cup gram flour
- 1½ cups of water
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 dry Kashmiri red chilies
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
To make Punjabi kadhi pakoda:
- Sieve ½ cup gram flour in a bowl. Add finely chopped onion, finely chopped green chilies, baking soda, and salt.
- Add a little water (about 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp) to it and make a thick batter (like idli solution).
- Heat oil in a small pan on medium heat. To make pakoras, take a little batter with the help of a spoon or with your fingers and pour it gently into the oil. Add the batter 5-6 times in a batch (if your pan is big, you can also make more pakoras at once). Fry them till they are medium brown in color. Remove them from the ladle and put the paper napkin on a plate. Make pakoras from the remaining solution in this way.
- Whisk yogurt and 1/4 cup gram flour with a spoon or blender in a medium bowl.
- Add 1½ cups of water, turmeric powder, and salt. Whisk again with a spoon or blender. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Heat 1-tsp oil in a deep frying pan or a deep pan on medium heat. Add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. When it starts to crackle add cumin and grated ginger; Fry for 20-30 seconds.
- Add yogurt-gram flour mixture and mix well.
- Let it cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the raw smell of gram flour goes away. Stir occasionally to prevent the mixture from sticking. If the mixture becomes too thick, add 1/2 cup more water and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. The mixture should not be too thin or too thick.
- Meanwhile, heat 1-tbsp oil in a small pan on medium heat for tempering. When the oil becomes hot enough, remove it from the gas and add dry Kashmiri Lala chili and red chili powder. Put the tempering on the curry immediately.
- Add fried pakoras. Mix the mixture well and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the gas and garnish with green coriander.
- The pakoras solution should not be too thin, it should be thick.
- Do not keep the pakoras on high heat otherwise, they will remain raw from inside. Fry them on low or medium heat.
- If the curds are thick, it may be that the curry becomes too thick. If this happens, add more water (approx. 1/2 – 3/4 cup) and cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- You can serve the kids as a delicious breakfast with pakoras tomato ketchup for lunch.
- Taste: Sour and mildly spicy
- Methods of serving: Punjabi kadhi pakora and rice (boiled rice) is a delicious nutritious meal served with salad, Papas, and curd lassi. It can also be served with tandoori roti and sabzi.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..