These Healthy and Easy Peanut Butter no-bake cookies are rich in peanut butter flavor, require only a few simple ingredients, and are incredibly easy to make!
If I had to choose a favorite cookie recipe from childhood, it would have taken these classic no-bake cookies hands-on. I shared the recipe for those cookies last year and since then, they are my top cookie recipe. It makes me very happy that so many of you love the same recipes that I make!
A few weeks ago I took my no-bake cookie recipe and tweaked it to make a super peanut butter version. It took some effort but I finally got the recipe right and I had to say, these cookies are just as good as the chocolate version!
These cookies are ridiculously simple to throw together for those times when you need a quick and simple dessert. You only need six ingredients and about 20 minutes to prepare them!
To make these Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies, you will start with some butter, granulated sugar, and milk. You will melt the mixture down and then bring it to a rolling boil and allow it to boil for a minute.
Here is the tricky part with no-bake cookies, sometimes they don’t set properly. I have been making no-bake cookies for years now and I have found that one of the main reasons for this is that this mixture should not add the rest of the ingredients before boiling for a long time.
As soon as you see some bubbles you do not want to set your timer for 60 seconds. You will start to see bubbles of the mixture around the edges, then bubble slightly, then it will come to a rolling boil where the top is completely covered and bubbling strictly. This is when you want to set your timer for 60 seconds! If you set it too soon, it is likely that your cookies will not set properly.
After the mixture boils, you will remove it from the heat and stir in some peanut butter and vanilla extracts. When it comes to peanut butter for uncooked cookies, I have not tested these with natural peanut butter. I like to use peanut butter such as giff or skippy to make sure they are set properly and not too soft.
And, of course, the final ingredient is some quick-cooking oats. When it comes to baked oatmeal cookies, I love the old-fashioned rolled oat s. When it comes to unbaked cookies, I like to use quick-cooking oats because they are small. If you only have old-fashioned rolled oats, you can put them in the food processor to break down a little more for a while.
An important thing with these no-bake cookies is that they take a little longer to set. If you made my Chocolate No-Bake Cookies, you know that they will usually start to set after about 20 minutes or so. I think about 45 minutes to an hour is needed to actually set because of these extra peanut butter.
Cookies will continue to set in excess after that, but they are still tasty when they are slightly warm!
Baking Tips for Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- Be sure to gather your ingredients and measure everything before you start with these cookies, this will make the whole process very smooth.
- Be sure to set a timer for 60 seconds after the mixture comes to a rolling boil (the top should be covered in bubbles and bubbling quite a bit). If you set your timer too soon, cookies will not set properly.
- These cookies are slightly longer than my Chocolate No Bake Cookies. Let the cookies freeze for about 45 minutes to an hour. You can enjoy them even when you are a little hot!
- If you find that the cookies are not set up or you feel a little wet after cooling them for about an hour, you can keep them in the refrigerator to help strengthen them. I mentioned to a reader that he would microwave the cookies for a few seconds and it also helps to set them.
Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
These Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies are rich in peanut butter flavor, require only a few simple ingredients, and are incredibly easy to make!
- Keyword Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- Preparation time 20 minutes
- Cook time 5 minutes
- Total time 25 minutes
- Serve 34 cookies
Material to make Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- Cut 1/2 cup (115 g) unsalted butter into pieces
- 1 and 3/4 cup (350 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (190 g) Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 and 1/4 cup (325 g) quick-cooking oats
Instruction to make Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- Before you begin, make sure to collect all your materials and measure everything out.
- Line a pair of large baking sheets with parchment paper (I like to line my countertop with a large sheet of parchment paper if your countertop is heat resistant you can do this instead) and set aside. Do it
- Place the butter, sugar, and milk in a saucepan and heat on medium heat, stirring frequently until the butter is melted and everything is well combined.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil (the top should be completely covered in bubbles and bubbling strictly) and allow to boil for 60 seconds (be sure to set the timer without stirring!).
- Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter and vanilla extracts until fully combined.
- Stir in the oats and mix until all the oats are coated with the mixture and everything is well combined.
- Drop a spoon of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- I like to use a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop and level the cookies a bit.
- Let cool for about 45 minutes- 1 hour or until the cookies are ready, served, and enjoyed again!
- Cookies will take longer to cool.
- These cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Cookies will freeze well for three months, melting at room temperature before serving.
- Check Video in below
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..