Ingredients for Sambar
- Arhar dal – 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes – 3
- Ginger – 1-inch piece
- Green chili – 2
- Gourd – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Beans – 10-12 (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- Coriander – 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – 15-20
- Tamarind Pulp – 2 tbsp
- Rye – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 4 teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder – 4 teaspoons
- Salt – 1.5 tsp or as per taste
- Oil – 3-4 tbsp
Ingredients for Sambar Masala Powder
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1 teaspoon
- Red chili – 2
- Whole coriander – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Large cardamom – 2
- Black pepper – 8-10
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch piece
How to make sambar
- Wash tur dal and soak it in water for 1/2 hour.
- Put dal, 1 cup water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in the cooker. Close the cooker and let the dal cook for 4 to 5 minutes on low flame after 1 whistle. After this, turn off the gas and let the pressure of the cooker expire automatically. After the pressure is over, check the lentils and mash it.
Make sambar masala
- Put all the whole spices and other ingredients in a small pan and fry on low heat till it becomes light brown. Take out the roasted spices on a plate and let them cool down. Then put the roasted spices in a mixer jar. Also cut tomatoes, ginger and green chilies and put them in a jar and grind all the things very finely.
- Boil vegetables
- Put all the vegetables in a pan. Add 1/2 cup of water together and cover the vegetables and let it cook on medium heat till it becomes soft. Check the vegetables after a while. If it is not soft, then let it cook for some more time.
- Heat a large vessel to make sambar. Add 2 tbsp oil to it. Add mustard, fenugreek to the hot oil and fry it lightly and after this, add curry leaves, turmeric powder, and ground masala. Stir and roast it on medium flame till oil separates from the spices.
- When the masala is roasted, add boiled vegetables to it. Also, add 2 cups of water and let it boil. Mix the mashed lentils in it and mix 1 cup of water, tamarind pulp and salt in the sambar.
- After the sambar boils, let the sambar cook for 4 to 5 minutes on low flame. After 5 minutes, the sambar is ready. Add green coriander and mix it.
- Serve and eat hot sambar idli, dosa or with your favorite recipe.
- Enough for 4 to 5 members
- You can add vegetables to sambar. Tinde, brinjal, pumpkin, munga, etc. can be taken in it.
- If you want, you can also put gourd vegetables, cabbage vegetables, beans vegetables or pumpkin vegetables in the pre-made fridge. There is no need to add vegetables separately in this way.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..