Chole recipe | How to make Panjabi chole recipe at home
- Chole Bhature – Boiled chickpeas are cooked in onion-tomato gravy. And serve with Bhatura.
- Jain Punjabi chole – Onion – Garlic is not used.
- Palak chole – Boiled gram is cooked in spinach green gravy.
- Aloo chole – Boiled chickpeas and potatoes are cooked in Punjabi gravy.
- Amritsari chole – Boil white gram with onions, tomatoes, and spices for a long time on a low flame.
- Chana Paneer – White gram and paneer chunks are cooked in creamy Punjabi gravy.
- Pindi Chole – This is a dry vegetable from Rawalpindi.
Main Ingredients for Chole recipe:
Onion-Tomato: Grind these two in a mixer with ginger, garlic and make a paste and will use them to make gravy.
Freshly ground spices: In this chana masala recipe, freshly ground spices are added. The taste of fresh spices is something else that does not come from the spices purchased from outside. If you are in a hurry, you can add spicy spices powder prepared outside the spring.
Anardana and Amchoor Powder: To give a slightly sour taste to Punjabi Chole, mango powder and anardana powder are used. It will make the dish taste like a restaurant. You can also add lemon juice in its place.
Method of making Chole recipe | How to make Chole Masala?
- Sometimes if you forget to soak the chickpeas, then what to do if you want to cook it? An easy way is to keep the gram and water in a pan on medium gas and let it boil. After that, boil it for another 5 minutes, turn off the gas. Cover the pan and keep it for 1 hour. Remove water after 1 hour. Soaked chickpeas are ready (in 1 hour instead of 4 hours). Isn’t it good?
- Grinding raw onion in the mixer makes the paste bitter at times. If this is not the case, then take care – remove the stalks of both sides of the onion properly. If a little bit too dull, gravy can become bitter.
Ingredients For Chole recipe
- 2.67 bay leaf
- 2.67 Large Cardamom
- 5.33-6.67 Cloves
- 0.33-inch cinnamon stick
- 0.67 tsp Whole Black Pepper
- 1.33 medium or 1.33 cups onion, roughly chopped
- 2.67 small or 1.33 cups tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1.33 Green Chillies
- 0.67-inch piece ginger chopped
- 2.67 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1.33 cups chickpeas (white gram or chickpea gram)
- 2.67-4 tablespoon oil
- 0.67 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2.67 tsp red chili powder
- 1.33 tsp coriander powder
- 0.33 tsp turmeric powder
- 0.67 tsp pomegranate powder
- 3 cups of water
- 0.67 tsp mango powder
- 2.67 tbsp coriander finely chopped
Instructions for Chole recipe
- Wash the chickpeas thoroughly in cold water.
- Soak it overnight or 8 hours in water. They will become very large in size.
- Remove the soaked water.
Make fresh masala powder:
- Take all the remaining spices (bay leaves, large cardamom, cloves, whole black pepper, cinnamon) in a small pan.
- While stirring continuously on slow gas, the aroma of roasted, spices will start coming, then turn off the gas.
- Take out the roasted spices on a separate plate so that they cool quickly.
- Once cool, grind it finely in a mixer.
Make Onion Tomato Paste:
- Add chopped onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, and green chilies to the mixer.
- Finely grind it into a paste
- Now heat oil in a cooker on medium gas.
- Add cumin seeds to the hot oil and fry for a while
- Add the prepared onion-tomato paste. Add salt together and mix.
- Now let it cook. If you are splashing more, cover the cooker a little.
- Fry it till it becomes thick.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pomegranate powder, and freshly ground spices.
- Stir and roast for 1 minute. A little oil will be left on the side
- Now add soaked gram. Mix well.
- Put 2 ¼ cups of water in it, and close the cooker.
- Cook it on medium gas for 20-25 minutes, then turn off the gas.
- Open the air after it has gone out of the cooker.
- Mix with a spoon. Chana is cooked or not, it should be checked, if it is a little raw, then cook till 1 – 2 city comes. Taste the gravy as well, add salt, chili if needed according to taste.
- Now mix mango powder.
- Finally, add finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..