Sindhi Kadhi Recipe
Today we are telling you the Sindhi Kadhi Recipe. You will get a good balance of spices and vegetables in this good Sindhi Kadhi recipe. This Sindhi Kadhi combines lotus cucumber, drumstick, potato cabbage and spices to make comfort food.
Sindhi Kadhi Recipe
- Cook time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- For how many people: 2
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Level: Medium
- Total Time: 2 hours
Ingredients for Sindhi Kadhi
- 1 1/2 tsp refined oil
- 3 tbsp gram flour
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 liters of water
- 2 potatoes
- 500 g Tomato
- 1 Drumstick
- 1 large lotus cucumber
- 1 big or 2 small cauliflower
- 200 grams of Arabic
- 200 grams ladyfinger
- 3 lemon sized tamarind balls (soak tamarind in 1 cup of warm water for 2 hours)
- Oil for frying
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 20-25 curry leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
Method of making Sindhi Kadhi
- First, put refined oil in a deep vessel. Once the oil is hot, add gram flour and fry till it becomes golden brown. Keep in mind that do this only for 15 minutes on very low heat. Now add fenugreek seeds and let it change color.
- Then once it turns golden brown then add turmeric powder to it and then add water to it after some time. Now add potato pieces along with water, because it takes time to cook the potatoes, then when it comes to a boil, then reduce the flame to medium.
- Now make tomato puree and put it in the pot. Now leave the curry on low heat for one hour.
- Then in the meantime heat water in a small pot. Now cut the lotus cucumber into 1-inch pieces and the drumstick into 3-inch pieces. Then boil them lightly and keep them aside.
- Then after heating the oil, add vegetables to it and fry it. Deep fry the arbi, ladyfinger, and cabbage till they turn golden brown. Keep in mind that while frying them add some salt in the vegetables.
- Now add lightly boiled vegetables after 1 hour in the Kadhi. Then after 10 minutes, add fried arbi, ladyfinger, and cabbage.
- Then filter the tamarind soaked for 2 hours and put it in the curry and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Now for the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan.
- Then add curry leaves, mustard seeds, red chili powder and cumin seeds in hot oil and then pour this tempering in the curry.
- Finally, garnish with green coriander and serve the hot kadhai with steam rice or pea casserole.
- Gram flour, refined oil, turmeric powder, fenugreek seeds, potato, water, drumstick, tomato, 1 large or 2 small cauliflower, lotus cucumber, okra, Arabic, 3 lemon-sized tamarind balls (tamarind should be taken in 1 cup of hot water for 2 hours. Soak), salt, mustard seeds, oil, cumin, curry leaves, coriander leaves, red chili powder
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..